Summer is coming to a quick end. School is coming back into session, although it looks different, and most families haven’t had a summer vacation. But summer was here. Before we say goodbye to it in the next month, give this delicious summer recipe a try. It uses seasonal favorites like fresh corn and honestly tastes like a summer party in your mouth. Your guests, family, and friends will love this recipe so much they’ll come back for seconds. It’s so easy, you’ll treat it like you go to summer recipe.
Barbecued Chicken With Roasted Corn Pudding
- 8 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. tarragon, chopped, plus leaves for topping
- 8 small chicken legs, split
- 1/2 c. prepared barbecue sauce
- Heat grill on high and heat oven to 400°F. Grill 4 ears corn until charred on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to cutting board. Reduce grill to medium.
- Cut charred kernels off cobs and set aside (about 2 cups). Cut kernels off remaining 4 ears corn (about 21/2 cups). Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium. Add onion, raw kernels, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream, bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until cream is reduced by one-third and mixture has thickened, about 15 minutes. Using immersion blender, puree corn mixture until mostly smooth. With blender running, add egg and yolk; blend to combine.
- Fold in charred corn and tarragon, then transfer to shallow 2-quart or 9-inch-square baking dish. Bake until pudding is set and top is beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with tarragon leaves.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and grill, covered, turning occasionally, 18 minutes. Uncover and continue grilling, basting with barbecue sauce, until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes more.
Are you looking for a home to call your own? If you are interested in learning more about our selection of manufactured homes for sale, contact us. We can answer any questions you have and help you find the best floorplan for your needs. We can also assist with helping you navigate home financing so you can place your new home at the ideal plot for you.
Recipe source: Good Housekeeping