Buying a new home is an exciting time in anyone’s life. As you start your search you’ve probably spent hours upon hours looking at decor, dreaming of the meals you plan to make in the kitchen, and imagining the memories you’ll make with your families over the holidays. But before you get to do all that you need to actually buy a home. In our manufactured home buying guide we look at what it will cost to actually purchase a home, what you can expect through the process, and what to look for.
Think About Financing
When it comes to financing your manufactured home, there are many options available. Whether you’re looking for a traditional mortgage or something more creative, there are many options available for manufactured home financing.
- Chattel Financing – This loan is a simple home-only purchase that doesn’t encumber the land. Depending on your credit score, your manufactured home down payments will range from 5% – 20% of the purchase price.
- Your Bank – This option allows you to work with your local bank and secure your funds. Your local Solitaire Homes dealer is more than happy to work with your local banker.
- Land in Lieu Financing – Use your land as your down payment on your new home. Many customers choose this option in lieu of investing cash as a down payment. With this option, your land acts as collateral for the mortgage. Appraised values of the land do have a bearing on the down payment.
- FHA Mortgages – Solitaire Homes has the ability to assist you in securing a FHA mortgage for your new manufactured home.
- Cash – Some buyers may choose to purchase their manufactured home outright and pay cash.
When you’re searching for a home, think of where you want it to go. Placement of your manufactured home will depend on what type of hookups are available, where you want to live, and if you want community amenities. Many people choose to place their homes on large plots of land, while others choose to place it in a community that has features like playgrounds and pools.
Look At Durability
The durability of your manufactured home is critical because that plays a part in how long you can enjoy it. Here at Solitaire Homes our homes are built to last. Check out these standard interior features:
- The kitchen, utility room, bathrooms and entry floors are tiled for durable wear and easy maintenance.
- High quality carpeting is installed with tack strips and rebond pad.
- Energy efficient vinyl, dual glazed windows are “tilt-in” for easy cleaning.
- Decorative residential style window blinds provide a high quality window treatment.
- Kitchens feature hand stained, hand finished ash cabinets.
- Abundant drawers feature rollers and guides.
- Kitchen counter tops have color coordinated ceramic tile back-splashes.
- Side-by-Side Refrigerator with water and ice in the door.
- Potscrubber Dishwasher
- Self-Cleaning Oven
- A wired and vented microwave cabinet is featured in the kitchen.
- Walk-in closets have overhead light with wall switch.
- The utility room is complete with overhead cabinets and wood clothes hanging rod.
- Second baths feature ash vanities.
- The master bath features a 48 inch shower in addition to a soaking tub.
- Bathroom lavatories feature a china washbasin with color coordinated formica counter and back-splash.
- Ceiling fans featuring 3-bulb decorative light kits are included in the Living area.
If you’re interested in learning more about our selection of manufactured homes for sale, contact us. We can answer your questions and help you find the best home for your family. We can also assist with manufactured home financing, explain and who you the ins and outs of our various floorplans, and even suggest ideas for picking the perfect place for you home.