Even though cleaning is a pain in the tush, most people enjoy spring cleaning. It’s a great way to welcome warmer weather, clear out your home and prepare for the upcoming busy summer season. Spring cleaning is often looked at as pretty labor intensive and it can be. If, however, you follow a few simple steps you can ensure spring cleaning is easy and enjoyable.
Let’s face it. The nooks and crannies in your kitchen are probably some of the most neglected spaces in your home. Who know what falls behind the stove or under the fridge. Paying special attention to your kitchen before the spring critters come out and try to search for food will help ensure a clean space year round.
- Pull out refrigerator and clean behind and underneath
- Pull out stove and clean behind, underneath and the walls around it
- Organize pantry
- Clean your refrigerator’s storage drawers
- Clean knobs and handles on your stove, refrigerator and any other appliances
If your kids are old enough you can assign bedroom clean up to each child. Make sure they understand why they’re cleaning their room and what the benefits will be. If you get them excited about it they’ll be more willing to do it year after year.
- Create giveaway boxes where the kids can put old toys and clothing the no longer fit in to be donated to your local thrift shop
- Dust and polish furniture
- Scrub floorboards
- Wash all linens and make beds
Your living room is where you spend a lot of time, well, living life. It’s easy to have the kids’ toys, magazines and other items quickly pile up. Take 15-minutes to clear out your living room of any clutter before you get into deep cleaning.
- Dust fans and furniture
- Polish furniture
- Move all of your furniture and vacuum underneath it
- Clean your windows
- Remove items from shelves and dust all items
Photo Credit: By Anatoliy (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons