Spring has sprung and that means that it’s time to start enjoying the beautiful weather. Most families tend to get together more during the summer. And with the added family get togethers that means there’s an increased need for great recipes to treat everyone to. Summer brings lots of amazing fruits and strawberries tend to be in abundance. That’s one reason why we think it’s important for every family to have a strawberry cake recipe on hand.
You’ll love how this cake is light, fluffy, and fruity. It’s the perfect complement to a hot summer day of family fun. Whether you’re packing a picnic or hosting an Independence Day BBQ, this cake will be a hit with everyone — even the most picky eater.
This recipe comes from tasteofhome.com.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large Eggland’s Best eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup crushed strawberries
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line the bottoms of two greased 8-in. round baking pans with parchment; grease parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin, sugar and flour. Add water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in chopped strawberries. Transfer to prepared pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in crushed strawberries. Gradually beat in enough confectioners’ sugar to reach desired consistency. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
1 slice: 532 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (69g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Are you looking for a new single wide or double wide manufactured home for sale? Contact us. We can answer your questions and make sure you have the information needed to find the best home for you. We can also assist with manufactured home financing.