You’ve probably seen the Energy Star logo and rating on a lot of appliances. You’ve also likely noticed that our manufactured homes come Energy Star rated. But, what exactly does that mean? Read on to learn how this rating could impact your bottom line and what it means for you.
According to their website, Energy Star is, “…a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency. The ENERGY STAR program was established by EPA in 1992, under the authority of the Clean Air Act Section 103(g).”
In order for a product to earn the rating they must meet several very strict guidelines. This includes:
- Offering significant energy savings nationwide
- Meeting the demands of customers by offering the proper features and performance
- If the product costs more than a competitor, it must offer greater savings over time, so they can recover the cost
- Energy savings can only be accomplished by using non-proprietary technology offered by more than one company
- Product energy consumption and performance can be measured with verified testing
Energy Star is one of the most trusted government labels out there, because of these strict guidelines. That means that when you purchase an Energy Star rated manufactured home from Solitaire, you can rest confident you’re not only getting the home of your dreams, you’re getting a home that will keep your family safe and save you money in the long run.
Find your new home today! Shop any of our locations in Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma.