Manufactured Home Construction
The Solitaire Homes Difference
View our Factory tour video and discover what makes Solitaire Homes' manufactured homes the choice for tens of thousands of home owners. Learn how your future manufactured home is constructed, ensuring that every home we produce has the substance and style to last a lifetime. With Solitaire Homes, finding a manufactured home that exceeds the quality of others homes, and single wide and double wide floorplans just as unique as your family, is easy and fun!
Your search for a new home starts at Solitaire Homes in Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. Explore the variety of manufactured homes for sale that we offer for both Double Section and Single Section homes and start planning your move today! And, for more information about what you can do ahead of time, you can check out our guide for preparing the home site. We are not just experts at construction. We have all of the resources you need to make the best decision possible!
Standard Interior Features - Double Section Models
- The kitchen, utility room, bathrooms and entry floors are tiled for durable wear and easy maintenance.
- High quality carpeting is installed with tack strips and rebond pad.
- Energy efficient vinyl, dual glazed windows are "tilt-in" for easy cleaning.
- Decorative residential style window blinds provide a high quality window treatment.
- Kitchens feature hand stained, hand finished ash cabinets.
- Abundant drawers feature rollers and guides.
- Kitchen counter tops have color coordinated ceramic tile backsplashes.
- Side-by-Side Refrigerator with water and ice in the door.
- Potscrubber Dishwasher
- Self-Cleaning Oven
- A wired and vented microwave cabinet is featured in the kitchen.
- Walk-in closets have overhead light with wall switch.
- The utility room is complete with overhead cabinets and wood clothes hanging rod.
- Second baths feature ash vanities.
- The master bath features a 48 inch shower in addition to a soaking tub.
- Bathroom lavatories feature a china washbasin with color coordinated formica counter and backsplash.
- Ceiling fans featuring 3-bulb decorative light kits are included in the Living area.
Standard Construction Features - Double Section Models
- Individually designed heavy 12" or 10" I-beam frames are built in Solitaire's own weld shops for each specific model.
- Imperial homes feature Solitaire's exclusive Grid Work Floor System features 2x6 transverse floor joints on 16 inch centers. An overlay of 2x3 longitudinal stringers completes the grid.
- 19/32" plywood Sturdy Floor decking is glued and fastened to the Floor System.
- 2x6 exterior wall framing is complemented with 2 x 6 top and bottom plates. (strongest in industry).
- The structurally strong exterior walls are screwed and strapped to maximize strength.
- Roof trusses are full 2x3 (not 1x2) chords and feature a grid work system fabricated in Solitaire factories, for Solitaire homes exclusively.
- A structural beam is installed on each unit of these multi-section homes. It runs the entire length of each section to insure structural stability.
- Attics feature static roof, soffit and gable vents for ventilation, and access by way of residential sized vents at each end of the home.
- Pex, the latest advance in plumbing material, is featured, along with "whole house shutoff" and a 40 gallon electric water heater.
- Plumbing systems are protected within the insulated floor cavity.
- Non-allergenic insulated heating and air conditioning ducts provide the quiet movement of clean air throughout the home.
- Electrical power is received and distributed with a 200 amp service panel.
- Interior walls and ceiling are covered with 1/2 inch sheet rock which is glued and hand nailed.
- Once the sheet rock is taped and bedded, a brocade texture and premium grade paint is hand applied.
- Electric outlets are placed higher on walls than is typical to reduce the need for stooping and bending.
Standard Exterior Features - Double Section Models
- Carefully designed dormers, window trim, and decorative columns provide added appeal to the exterior.
- The exterior features "smart panel" siding. (optional with most other manufacturers)
- A spray applied vapor barrier on exterior walls minimizes moisture absorption while adding to energy efficiency.
- Hand painting exteriors with premium paint ensures maximum coverage.
- Distinctive exteriors are highlighted with the application of coordinated multiple colors.
- The exterior features decorative entry lighting providing style and security.
- Residential style roof eaves feature vents to the attic.
- Metal drip edges are installed before the application of under-layment and shingles.
- Beautiful, thick asphalt shingles are securely fastened with nails (not staples)