4001 W. 2nd St.
Roswell, NM 88201
New 2018 Solitaire Homes Single Section GKU 3783 Bedroom 2 Bath! 1,152 Sq Ft
3 Bedroom 2 bath!
1,152 Square Feet
SINGLE WIDE CONSTRUCTION FEATURES
• Individually designed heavy 12 inch or 10 inch I-beam frames and built in Solitaire’s own weld shops for each specific model.
• The flooring structure features 2x6 transverse joists on 16 inch centers.
5/8 inch plywood Sturdy Floor decking is applied to the 2x6 joists.
• Roof trusses are fabricated by Solitaire with full 2x3 lumber. (not 1x2 used by many manufacturers).
• A Tech-Shield radiant barrier coats the underside of the roof decking.
• Attics feature blown-in R-21 insulation.
• Generation III Pex, the latest advance in plumbing material, is featured, along with “whole house shutoff”.
• Plumbing systems are protected within the insulated floor cavity.
• Non-allergenic insulated heating and air conditioning ducts provide the quiet movement of clean air throughout the home.
• Electrical power is received and distributed with a 200 amp service panel.
• Interior walls and ceilings are covered with ½ inch sheet rock.
• Once the sheet rock is taped and bedded, a brocade texture and premium grade paint is hand applied.
• Electrical outlets are place higher on walls than is typical to reduce the need for stooping and bending.
SINGLE WIDE INTERIOR FEATURES
• The kitchen, the utility room, and the entry way are tiled for durable wear and easy maintenance.
• High quality carpeting and pad are installed throughout most of the home.
• Storm windows provide energy efficiency.
• Window treatments include mini-blinds.
• Solitaire builds and installs the beautiful cabinets for the kitchen.
• Cabinet drawers feature rollers and glides.
• Featured are a frost free refrigerator, a dishwasher, and a wired/vented microwave cabinet.
• Ceiling fans appear in the living room and the master bedroom.
• The master bedroom walk-in closed has the overhead lighting.
• The utility room is complete with overhead cabinets.
• Second baths feature vanities with drawers.
• The master bath features a separate shower and garden tub.
• Bath sinks are porcelain.
SINGLE WIDE EXTERIOR FEATURES
• The exterior features “smart panel” siding. (optional with most other manufacturers)
• A spray-applied vapor barrier on exterior walls minimizes moisture absorption while adding to energy efficiency.
• Hand painting exteriors with premium paint insures maximum coverage.
• Metal drip edges are installed before the application of underlayment and shingles.
• 20-year 3-tab shingles complete the roof
"After dealing with a number of fast talking sales people at other dealerships, we were pleasantly surprised with the down to earth straight talk we experienced at Solitaire. We were given lots of useful information about how Solitaire builds homes. And, everything about the buying process was carefully explained to us. Paying a lot of money for a new home can be a scary process. Solitaire made the ... More » - Steve
Exterior Color: Malibu Beige/Bone/Carbon
Interior Color: Mahogany Cabinets
|Interior Color||Mahogany Cabinets|
|Exterior Color||Malibu Beige/Bone/Carbon|
Almost fifty years ago, Mr. Elliott, the founder of Solitaire Homes, took a hard look at the manufactured home industry and came to some profound conclusions regarding quality of materials, workmanship, and pricing of factory built homes. He contended that one should be able to find a home of the same quality as site built, but at the lower manufactured home prices. These things still hold true today.
He found that most manufacturers used inferior quality materials that were designed to last eighteen to twenty years: products like particleboard flooring, vinyl clad sheetrock, cheaply made faucets and fixtures, very low quality tubs and showers, plastic trim and fake wood molding, as well as many other products that simply were not designed for long-term use.
He also realized that thousands of dollars were being spent each month in advertising to attract new buyers, and, while it is a fact that advertising attracts new business, it does nothing to add value to the product. It is great for the seller, but adds to the price of the product.
Another area of loss that he discovered is in the realm of home production. The other manufacturers build multiple floor plans in a single series. For example: They will build one floor plan for a customer, then retool the assembly line, which takes approximately 400 man hours (or 400 men, 1 hour), to build a different floor plan and then retool again for a different floor plan and so forth in an endless and wasteful cycle. As one can imagine, this adds seriously to the cost of the home, and, once again, this is a cost without gaining any quality or value for the extra expense. To control pricing, the manufacturers are forced to use cheaper products in order to operate in this manner.
Also, by operating in this endless and wasteful cycle, the manufacturers try to offer every conceivable change in the layout and structure of the floor plan in order to overcome the customer's objections related to the actual quality (or lack thereof) of the home. Again, this practice, while convenient, adds nothing to the quality or value of the home.
Every Solitaire Home is built with ninety to one hundred year construction that matches or exceeds the quality of a site built home.
Solitaire has a stellar reputation for exceptional quality of materials and workmanship (nailed siding and shingles, hand-painted interior and exterior)
Solitaire spends very little on advertising. Reliance, instead, is on word-of-mouth for new business.
Solitaire builds homes in runs of twenty-five to thirty homes for each model before retooling to build a different floor plan. This saves thousands of dollars, which provides for great quality at lower prices.